Our local authority client is looking to recruit an experienced Planning Officer for this executive role. The role is initially based on a six-month contract but may well lead to further long-term work.
· £27.81 per hour (negotiable)
· Weekly pay
· Holiday pay on top of hourly rate
· Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
· 37-hour week
· 6-month contract initially
· Further long-term work may be available
· Chance to work within local government environment
· Preparing and processing all relevant reports on planning, applications, agreements, consultations and appeals.
· Ensuring compliance with associated regulation, legislation, and policies.
· Provide advice, support to, and negotiate with applicants, agents, and developers.
· Liaise with other local or regional authorities and other agencies regarding consultations and requirements.
· To arrange and attend as necessary site inspections and meetings in connection with planning and other applications, agreements etc.,
· To prepare statements and proofs of evidence and written representations and to present evidence as necessary on behalf of the local authority at Appeal Hearings and Inquiries.
· Make suggestions for improvements to systems and procedures.
· To supervise, advise and mentor more junior staff and assist in their support and career development.
· Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or a related discipline
· Significant demonstrable experience in Development Control / Management
· Knowledge of Town and Country Planning Legislation, procedures, practice, and precedents
· Effective negotiating skills
· Good communication, interpersonal, diplomacy, presentation and report writing skills
· Ability to balance quantity and quality of work
· Capable of working under pressure and achieving deadlines
· Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office systems
· To be mobile across the district.
For full details please submit your CV.
Reference ID: CommRJS
Contract length: 6 months
Expected start date: 17/11/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From £27.81 per hour
Applications for this position have now closed. If you would like to talk to us about similar positions please use the Talk To Us form.
Request a call back on this job.