Our client, a local government organisation is looking to recruit a Senior Payroll Assistant within their HR function. This is an ongoing temporary role.
- Initially a three month booking , may lead to other opportunities thereafter.
- £14.38ph-£14.88ph, there is room for negotiation for the right candidate.
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay on top
- Immediate start
- Friendly working and supportive environment
- Assisting in the lead of the payroll team ensuring the department is meeting objectives in place.
- Ensuring employees are paid on time and accurately.
- Providing advice to department members and other colleagues regarding all payroll matter
- Overseeing all aspects of the department function including payment of wages, PAYE tax, third party payments plus year-end processing and payroll reports
- Thorough understanding of statutory maternity and sickness guidelines as well as keeping up to date with regulatory and legislative changes.
- Maintaining and development relationship with both internal and external customers primary contact for auditors when required
- Promoting the organisation and department by consistently upholding high standards and best practices in line with organisation and government guidelines
The role will be office based, candidates must have CIPP Level 5 and experience of local government and teachers pay. ResourceLink experience is not essential but would be preferred.
There may be some flexibility on rate for the right candidate.
- Professional Payroll Qualification ( CIPP) or equivalent
- AAT or equivalent qualification
- Ideally a minimal of 5 yrs experience working in payroll function, handling end to end payroll function and confident doing so.
- Detailed knowledge of year end processes and confident writing and producing reports related to payroll and pensions on a monthly basis as required by legislation.
- Able to lead team members and support them in their daily duties, including performance reviews if required.
- Excellent business acumen
- Thorough understanding of HMRC rules
- ResourceLink experience, Local Government Experience and Schools experience in that order of preference would be highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills able to pick up new systems and packages with ease.
For full details please submit your cv.
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £14.38-£16.50 per hour
- Payroll: 5 years (preferred)