Our local authority client is looking for an experienced HR Administrator to provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the Human Resources Service, including PA duties supporting the Head of Service. You will be based in their Newbury office.
- Immediate start
- Rate of pay of £10.59ph
- Holiday pay on top of hourly rate
- 25-37 hours per week
- Completed within Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- 2-month contract with chance of longer-term employment
- Great working environment
- Efficient and timely diary management, on behalf of the Head of Service, and the organisation of and support to meetings.
- To perform a range of financial tasks using Agresso e.g. processing of creditor invoices, preparation of debtor invoices and purchase orders.
- To produce, format and circulate a range of documents using Microsoft Office, including letters, spreadsheets, reports, minutes, and bundles (Issue Manager), ensuring that they are accurate and well-presented meeting specifications and deadlines.
- To handle a range of queries from employees and managers by telephone, email and face to face referring to colleagues as appropriate.
- To create, maintain and update electronic and paper files and records, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and security of information and in accordance with data protection guidelines.
- To collect, process and input data to systems and databases as required, ensuring accuracy and security, and then to manipulate and extract the information held to produce basic reports or analyses as requested.
- To provide a range of administrative and secretarial support to meet the specific requirements and processes of the Service e.g., collecting post.
- To contribute as appropriate to the further development of systems and processes by identifying and then pursuing any opportunities for service improvement.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and ordering of all stationary for the whole HR department.
- To carry out any other duties which may be required commensurate with the role
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures, and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
- GCSE English, Maths and ICT or equivalent level of education
- Two year’s office experience
- Experience of using electronic databases and information systems e.g., Resourcelink and Agresso
- Good working knowledge of English Grammar
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Team working skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to take accurate minutes
If you are available for an immediate start, please submit your CV
Request a call back on this job.