My client is looking for an organised and dedicated Accountant to join their team. This role will initially be within the capital and grants team working to support their capital programme. This role is likely to last for around 12months.
The role will ensure budget holders are provided with the necessary financial information and advice in order to maintain budgetary control within the organisation. This will include support for both capital and revenue budgets and the budget setting process. The role will also provide key information to enable the closure of accounts process to be completed.
- £34k per annum / £17.72ph
- Holiday Pay on top
- Ongoing Contract
- Full time hours
- Initially working from home due to COVID guidelines, flexible working options including part time
- All IT equipment provided
- Ongoing support and friendly team
- Providing financial information and advice to Departmental Staff
- Budgeting the activities of the Client Department in line with all professional and local standards
- Ensuring the Accounts of the Client Department is to professional standards
- Ensuring all financial returns are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Ensure that sound methods of budgetary control are in operation
- Providing daily management of Client Department costing systems and providing formal initial training to systems users when required
- CCAB Qualified or similar qualification
- Significant experience in a similar role, ideally within public sector
- Strong communication skills
- Substantial level of political awareness
- Good IT skills
- A high level and detailed medium term financial forecasting ability
- Understanding and experience of budgeting processes and be able to provide and enable financial advice in relation to financial standards, options appraisal, and financial modelling.
For full details please submit your cv.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £17.72 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday