Looking for a new career? Want to work for an employer who will pay for you to gain NVQ’s and higher qualifications in the healthcare sector? Want to make a difference whilst working flexible hours?
If so, this could be an outstanding opportunity to join a forward thinking and growing leader in the care sector in Cornwall. You will be working within the community, offering great levels of care and support to the elderly in their own homes.
- £10.50ph (£9.70ph if visits longer than two hours)
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- Yearly bonus
- Pool cars available
- Ongoing support and training including NVQS and management development programmes
- Company events and incentives
- Friendly team
Duties will include:
- All aspects of personal hygiene, cleaning and bathing when needed as well as helping with getting dressed etc
- Preparing meals and drinks as well as administering medicine, after being trained to do this
- Taking clients to doctors appointments, shopping and other places as and when requested
- Ensuring the client is comfortable and as happy as can be
- Building relationships with them so you can act as a companion they can trust in and be on hand for support
You will have the following skills / experience:
- Full UK driving license, pool cars provided if needed
- Ideally previous healthcare / community care / support worker or other relevant experience though not essential as full ongoing training will be given
- A genuine and sensitive personality, interested in working with the elderly and able to offer great levels of customer service
- Reliable, hardworking and committed to work and your career
- Friendly and outgoing, able to remain calm and patient when under pressure
- Shifts are 7am-2pm and 4pm-10pm normally and some flexibility on this, there is a requirement to work every other weekend or at least one day every week. Can be discussed upon application
Please submit your CV for immediate response.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.70-£10.50 per hour
Applications for this position have now closed. If you would like to talk to us about similar positions please use the Talk To Us form.
Request a call back on this job